Updated May 2021: We will continue to offer video conference appointments (TelePhysio) for those who prefer not to come into the clinic. Still not accepting walk-ins.
Keeping our clinic at limited capacity
In attempts to keep the congestion at a minimum in the clinic and especially within the waiting room, we are asking all clients to:
- Print and fill out the New Patient Forms at home and bring them to your first appointment.
- Show up as close to your appointment time as possible and avoid being early to prevent from having to wait in the waiting room (we may ask you to return at your appointment time).
- Show up by yourself or with a caregiver if needed and avoid having your family or friends remain at the clinic.
- Phone us if you have questions regarding payment, your benefit plan coverage, or any other inquiries you may have.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Keeping our clinic clean
The health and safety of our clients and staff has always been our clinic’s top priority!
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak here in Alberta, our goal is to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our clinic, our community, and the surrounding areas. Our clinic is now open to all clients. We want to keep you informed about the steps we are taking to not only follow all of Alberta Health Service’s precautions but to go above and beyond to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. We’ve put in place the following recommendations from AHS to our clinic:
Our team will continue to keep our clinic clean and disinfected regularly with the addition of sanitizing high traffic areas. These high traffic areas include, our front desk and reception area (i.e. front desk, debit machine, chairs, doorknobs, shoe horns, and all items in the waiting room).
- We will continue to disinfect all other areas and equipment involved in client care, for example, each treatment room (i.e bed, bolster, pillows, call bell and chair) and all fitness equipment and physiotherapy tools.
- All staff and clients wear masks while inside the clinic
- Other steps we’ve taken to protect the safety of our clients are to provide access to hand sanitizer throughout our entire clinic including the front desk and the waiting room area.
- We’ve also spread apart our waiting room chairs to ensure there is a two-meter distance (6ft) between each chair (as per AHS recommendations), utilizing the hallway to do this.
- Removing all magazines and reading material to slow down the risk of infection.
- Remind and inform clients and staff to take part in preventative hygiene methods to minimize any potential risk of infection.
- Encourage clients and staff to stay at home if they are feeling ill.
- Leaving our front door open to avoid the use of the doorknob.
- Reduced the number of clients we see to allow for more social distancing within the clinic
- Staggered the start times of our clients to avoid people arriving at the same time (We encourage our clients to arrive as close to their appointment time as possible and avoid being early or late)
With these recommendations put in place, we feel confident that we can continue to provide excellent and safe client care, but we will continuously monitor the situation and update you if anything changes.
Stay healthy and look out for one another!
Owner and Physiotherapist